OH Lisboa 2018: Volunteers
We are looking for guardians, people over 16 years old with an interest in architecture, the history of the city, or simply curious people. And that want to be part of a team during an epic weekend in the city.
A concept originally created in London in 1992 by Victoria Thornton, Open House Lisboa is part of the Open House Worldwide great big family. Since 2012, the Lisbon Architecture Triennale organizes the OH Lisboa, and every year we need the help of a team of 300 volunteers, that contribute in a vital way to the visitor's experience. We couldn't do this event without them.
We need guardians for our palaces, churches, schools, museums, theatres, private homes or studios. We want you to welcome our audience during this weekend of free visits and open doors. This year it all happens on the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd of September. If you want to have a look at last year's event, click here.
Within the team of volunteers there are different roles and duties (coordinator, tutor, hosting, logistic assistants, etc.) but to start all you have to do is fill our form! We will be here to welcome you. Thank you.
This call is open to people over 16 that speak Portuguese, that are available on the weekend of September 22nd and 23rd 2018, and that like team based work.
3.1 What are we looking for?
Set up a team of approximately 300 volunteers, that can offer insight and enthusiasm about the itinerary, contributing in a vital way to the experience of all visitors.
3.2 Which tasks?
- Welcoming and informing the public
- Managing groups and people that are waiting for their turn
- Offer support to specialists and people responsible for the spaces
- Be a guide to short visits
3.3 What do we offer?
- An experience in an international event about architecture and the city
- General and specific training through preview visits to the spaces, study materials, and dialogue with specialists and architects
- Participation in exclusive, first-hand visits
- Share and cherish privileged knowledge
- Afternoon snacks on the OH Lisboa days
- Invitation for the closing party
- Participation certificate mentioning performed duties
- Personal accident insurance policy, in accordance with current legislation*
[*This line was altered on June 25th 2018. “Liability insurance policy” was corrected to “Personal accident insurance policy”]
Deadline: August 12th 2018
Feel free to pass this on to people you think might want to take part. You can find the form here.
Enquiries regarding this call should be sent to email@example.com