Triennale in Festival Concéntrico’s programme
Fundación Cultural de los Arquitectos de La Rioja
Javier Peña Ibáñez
Concéntrico - International Festival of Architecture and Design of Logroño, proposes a reflection to transform the experience of the city and urban life. The new edition, Concéntrico 07, takes place from 2 to 5 September 2021 as an invitation to tour the city through installations, meetings, activities and exhibitions that dialogue on the public space and social places - more relevant now in this pandemic moment - focusing on the sustainability of materials and processes.
The Lisbon Architecture Triennale participates in a conversation that brings together Iker Gil (MAS Context), Florian Strob (Bauhaus Dessau Foundation), José Esparza Chong Cuy (Storefront for Art and Architecture) and Pihla Meskanen (Arkki) to share their vision of the architecture and establish a direct dialogue with the knowledge that is produced in Spain. The Triennale team is represented by Manuel Henriques (director) and Carolina Vicente (production), who take part in this meeting open to the public on September 3, in the courtyard of Logroño’s Municipality, where the installation 1973-2021, proposed by Lanza Atelier, is placed.
Javier Peña, director of the festival, defines the project as choral, cooperative, with multiple voices from many worlds and also with the return of the experience to their original places. Since the first edition in 2015, the festival has already brought together 73 urban installations, to which these participants’ proposals for 2021 are now added:
- 44 flavours, A topographic-landscape-painted (La Villanueva);
- Lanza Atelier, 1973-2021 (Ayuntamiento de Logroño);
- Laurent Martin, Arbre (Gran Vía).
- Matteo Ghidoni – Enrico Dusi, A dome (Plaza del Mercado);
- VAPAA Collective, 39186 vacant rooms (Casa Farias);
- Radu Abraham, No words conversation (Plaza del Revellín);
- Paradigm Ariadné, St. Bartholomew hut (Plaza de San Bartolomé);
- Aleksandra Wasilkowska, Monument to the sisters of the revolution (Patio del COAR);
- Herrmann & Coufal, workshop Lea (Biblioteca La Rioja);
- Palma + Hanghar, Types of spaces (Pasaje Chiminea);
- SpY, Eclipse (Cúpula Estação Intermodal);
- Hori-zonte, Life thereafter (pátio Museu de La Rioja);
- Sauer Martins + Mauricio Méndez, Concéntrico Pavilion (Plaza Escuelas Trevijano)
- Chávarri Estudio, Contemplation of a limit (Paseo del Ebro)
- Vivian Rotie + Pablo Saiz del Río, Support your local landscape (Viña Lanciano Bodegas LAN)
- P + S Architecture Studio, Circum (Parque del Ebro);
- Esdir / Nerea Ilana and Guillermo Botella, Intermedio, (Esdir gardens);
- École Supérieure de Design de Troyes, Soucoupe populaire (Chiminea Parque del Ebro).
Learn more about the Festival Concéntrico here.