Job Offer: International Press Officer
The Lisbon Architecture Triennale is a non-profit organisation that develops regular activity. Our major event is the architecture festival, with its 6th edition taking place in Lisbon (29 September-05 December 2022, various venues). Entitled Terra, it aims to engage a specialised audience (practitioners, thinkers, researchers, curators, cultural agents) as well as a large and diverse audience by premiering world-class architects. The Lisbon Triennale is a touchstone for contemporary architecture on the international stage, advocating plurality of perspectives, minds and geographies in the architecture scene.
We are looking for
The International Press Officer role provides an exciting opportunity to support the promotion of Lisbon Triennale’s world-leading programme, from exhibitions to prestigious awards, publications and educational activities. The International Press Officer joins the Communication team contributing to develop our brand and build engagement with diverse audiences.
Proactive and organised, this role provides vital support to the Head of Communication, ensuring:
- Effective handling of press enquiries
- Assistance to the ongoing generation of media coverage
- Efficient office management related with databases and reports
- Establishment of media partnerships
- Contribution to the organisation of the PR promotional events (in Portugal and abroad)
- Articulation of all the interviews with the participants
Highly motivated to work within contemporary culture, the Press Officer is enthusiastic about contributing creative press ideas to promote Terra’s exhibitions, educational activities, events and projects. The role offers the opportunity to build media contacts across digital, print and broadcast, reach new audiences and expand Lisbon Triennale’s reputation and reach.
The Communications team comprises: Head of Communication Department, Editor, Designers, Communication Assistant, National Press Officer. You report to the Head and will be able to call on this team of hardworking and specialist communications colleagues with whom you collaborate, help fortify our brand and – of course – have a lot of fun.
- Act as the contact for daily press enquiries, ensuring regular dialogue.
- Update the international media database.
- Draft media lists including new and relevant targets.
- Participate in campaign development, and contribute creative ideas for coverage.
- Develop media partnerships aiming to generate an international press campaign in specialised magazines.
- Draft and conceive all media materials, e.g. press releases, biographies, press kits.
- Undertake research tasks. i.e. gather assets from colleagues and partners.
- Respond to and supervise filming or photographing requests.
- Generate monthly listings of the editorial coverage (clipping is ensured by a company but since it doesn’t cover printed architecture magazines, we need to update them).
- Log and archive press cuttings.
- Develop media contacts, particularly digital, with bloggers and online influencers.
- Maintain and update the media database.
- Update the website with press materials.
- Source images for Communications, using clear copyright and maintaining an image bank for media using Drive.
- Manage logistical arrangements for media views, readers events and others.
- Create and distribute invitations using Mailchimp email system.
- Collate RSVPs.
- Prepare materials to hand out to guests (welcome kits).
- Manage the Press Office email inboxes.
- Attend the three-day opening of Triennale 2022 (29 September - 2 December) and Talk, Talk, Talk (October).
Ensure that the Lisbon Triennale, artists, partners and sponsors are correctly credited across all activities.
We ask for
Essential > Experience of media relations within the cultural sector
Good writing skills, with the ability to produce original, accurate and appealing copy
Proven understanding of the international media sphere
Knowledge of the Architecture cultural scene
Knowledge of social media platforms
Organised, flexible approach with the ability to prioritise workload
Ability to think creatively and work under own initiative
Experience of event organisation and team work
Ability to communicate with different types of people at all levels
Good attention to detail, time management and project management skills
IT literate with experience of using MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Adobe Photoshop
Desirable > Previous experience of using distribution platforms such as YMLP, and Wordpress
This is your chance to start working in a great and captivating environment, in a significant and exciting department. Here are some highlights in our labour agreement:
Working hours to be settled in consultation, allowing for an efficient balance in work and private life;
Appropriate wages for the position
We offer a unique and multifaceted position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Applications until 10 January, 2022
Interviews (online): 25 -28 January, 2022
Results: End of January/beginning of February
Period of collaboration: March - December 2022.
Part-time March-June + December, 2022
Full-time August - November, 2022
Please send your updated CV and a letter of motivation to email@example.com (PDF file format, max. 2MB)