OH Lisboa 2020: Volunteers
The Open House is an annual event that aims to present the best examples of the architecture of a city so that everyone can experience it and explore it. It is an educational event that reveals the added value of a well-designed built environment. We are seeking volunteers with an interest in the history of the city, or who are simply curious. No need to be connected to architecture, urbanism or design.
To organize the Open House Lisboa, the Triennale has a large volunteer family, determinant for the visitors' enjoyment of this event and, for the ninth consecutive year, we are looking for people with team spirit and interest in architecture and its history, who will join us in a remarkable weekend of discovery of the city.
OH Lisboa will offer an experience adapted to the atypical context in which we live. Instead of open-door visits to the spaces that characterize the event, we will walk through streets and through stories, imaginary or real, told in the first person by personalities we invited to walk around Lisbon with us. We count on your enthusiasm to make this programme of urban routes known. A challenge to the public to do, individually or in small groups, during 26 and 27 September 2020. By contingency, this will certainly be a different edition, and one that we believe will leave great memories. The previous ones were like that:
"It was a fantastic experience. I also wanted to thank you for the opportunity, because I was received in the best way in a house that was not mine, I met many interesting people, I shared knowledge and exchanged impressions with many visitors and other volunteers, because without them the experience would not have been so motivating and enriching. These are moments that remind me of what I like to do and give me motivation to continue participating in these "little crazy things" in the middle of everything there is already to do. I'll be available for future adventures." Inês Belo.
This year the Open House Lisboa volunteer will help you rediscover your city, wind through the streets, avenues, taking breaks in the gardens.
OH Lisboa had its first edition in 2012 and is part of the Open House Worldwide family that gathers 50 cities in all continents, totaling about 2 million visitors per year. The Open House is a concept originally created in London in 1992 by Victoria Thornton.
2. How it works
OH Lisboa 2020 will be enjoyed by the public in the safety of their home or by walking down the street, following a series of audio-guides through the city in podcast format. These sound itineraries follow narratives marked by the passage through spaces that were part of previous OH Lisboa editions. They will be available on the website and can be accessed by visitors in different formats.
For the best enjoyment of the public, the volunteer team will be essential to indicate the routes taken independently by visitors, provide information on procedures and guide the public in navigating the site.
As has been happening in recent years, Junior activities are also offered for families and a version of the event adapted to accessibility and families.
- Speak fluently Portuguese (mandatory)
- From the age of 16
- Be cordial, cooperative, patient, communicative and punctual, and have a taste for teamwork;
- Have curiosity to discover and share their knowledge about architecture
- Minimum commitment: a 4-hour shift during the weekend
- Availability for an interview (only for new volunteers);
- Availability to participate in pre-visits to the spaces
- Availability for training class (+/- 1.5h)
According to one's experience and skills, there is space and different tasks for those who want to participate.
- Reception and information to the public
- Guidance on the procedures for carrying out the routes independently
- Guidance on accessibility programme procedures and for families.
- Logistical support during the weekend and/or in the preparation of the event in the days preceding it
5. Advantages of participating
- An experience in an international event about architecture and the city of Lisbon
- General and specific education from a training class as well as study material
- Benefit from privileged knowledge
- Invitation to the exclusive closing party for the volunteers team*
- Snacks on the days of the event
- Help with costs
- Certificate of participation with mention of the functions performed
- Personal accident insurance policy in accordance with the law
- Interviews with new volunteers: between June and August 2020
- Registration closes: Sunday, 30 August 2020
- Team assignment, function and shifts: end of August 2020
- Sharing study material and route previews: beginning of September 2020
- Training class: Wednesday, 23 September 2020, after work hours
- Weekend of the event: 26 and 27 September 2020