This Friday, for the last day of the Satellite’s exhibition Letters to the Mayor an original concept by Storefront, Lisbon is the 13th City to receive this project. A set of new ideas and perspectives from local associations and schools serve as a motto for a conversation between citizens and the current executive of the City Council.
In collaboration with local associations as well as schools, we share new testimonies that identified problems and suggestions of those who live and inhabit Lisbon city center and its outskirts. Presenting different perceptions and contexts, the associations and collectives that accepted to participated in this encounter talk are:
– The European Intercultural Center, dedicated to Social Assistance, which develops its activity in some neighbourhoods of Lisbon;
– Sérgio Oliveira, Manager Community Development of the Aga Khan Foundation, involved in the K’CIDADE Programme, their participation allowed to collected testimonies from Bangladesh emigrants living in Lisbon;
– António Arroio High school, with witnesses of students of last grade;
– Raizes is the Association that Support Children and Young People, dedicated to promote the improvement of life quality children and young people;
– Sementes a Crescer E6G Project, that works with groups of children / young people (6 and 8 years and 14 and 18 years), with a new generation perspective.
Check the written letters (PT only):