Jump to main content
Trienal de Arquitectura de Lisboa
© Leonardo Finotti
© Leonardo Finotti
© Leonardo Finotti

Casa-Atelier Inês Lobo

  • Interventions:
  • Inês Lobo Arquitectos
  • (2018)

The configuration of this space dates back to the construction of the Palace of the Dukes of Lafões, and subsequent registry transformation of its farm after the railway crossing and the transfer of land for industrial and commercial development. The actual date of the pre-existing construction is unknown but should be prior to 1937. The plan consists of three autonomous spaces—two for housing and one for a studio—developed through the opening of interior courtyards and changes to the top floor of the pre-existing buildings. The studio occupies the ground floor—given the amplitude of this previously industrial space—where separate work areas are organised, such as library, archive, meeting rooms and production. The dwellings located on the first floor are organized from an axis of symmetry coinciding with the roof ridge around a common room and terraces opened on each end.

Calçada do Duque de Lafões, 76
Get Directions

Public Transportation
Bus: 718, 728


Photography not allowed

Loading Animation