


Marquês de Valle Flôr Institute – IMVF
- Original Authors:
- Várias autorias
- (séc. XVIII-XIX)
Located in downtown Lisbon and built just after the 1755 earthquake, between 1756 and 1758, the building reflects the Pombaline style of the time, with the original façade still preserved. Built as a combination of a private residence and an income-producing building, it has two distinct entrances: one on Rua de São Nicolau, leading to the first floor, and the other on Rua do Crucifixo, giving access to the upper floors. The first floor of the building was reserved as the residence of Count Valle Flôr, José Luís Constantino Dias. At the entrance, the walls are clad in marble with wooden mouldings, and the staircase is made of exotic-turned wood. This floor has remained almost unchanged, and inside we can see the taste for the exotic in the furniture and the technological innovations of the time.
Address
Rua de São Nicolau, 105
Get Directions
Public Transportation
Bus: 12E, 28E, 709, 711, 728, 732, 735, 760, 774
Subway: Baixa-Chiado
Typology
Commerce and Services
Photos
Photography not allowed
Search Options























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































