- Original Authors:
- Carlos Rebelo de Andrade ,
- Guilherme Rebelo de Andrade
The Naval School is a Military University to instruct the officers of the Portuguese Navy’s permanent staff. The building was designed in 1936 by the Rebelo de Andrade brothers. Its central body resembles a ship’s bridge with two lateral volumes and a main volume, with masts, guardrails and balconies. The central space is flanked by two symmetrical wings, where the horizontality of the spaces cuts through the eastern facade overlooking the river. The placement of the buildings configures an elevated square that connects with the buildings of Internato Velho (the Old Boarding School) and the Grand Auditorium to the north.
Base Naval de Lisboa, Alfeite
Bus: 103, 108, 114, 120, 123, 149, 755